Train the Trainer
For your organization, it may make sense to develop your employees into trainers. It is cost-effective, encourages employee cohesion, and can facilitate successful workforce development. However, your employees may not have the skills necessary to take on training leadership roles. This is where The Competency Group comes in. Our train-the-trainer solutions will give your employees the skills to successfully instruct their fellow employees.
The Competency Group can develop train-the-trainer material that is tailored specifically to your organization’s training program, or we can develop a generic train-the-trainer material that helps your employees develop the skills necessary to lead a training program. Whichever approach you choose, we can show your employees:
- How to develop learning objectives
- How to create a training outline
- How to design interactive learning activities
- How to facilitate a training session
- How to administer training evaluation
We have already helped organizations implement train-the-trainer programs:
- For Atlantic Lottery, we developed a train-the-trainer program that showed managers how to use our occupational competency maps to develop individualized training plans within the organization.
- For a utility company, we developed a train-the-trainer program for supervisors and foremen who had no previous experience in workplace training.
- For Veterans Affairs Canada, we created train-the-trainer material for the VAC employees who were going to deliver the corporate training we had previously developed and designed.
Those are just some of the train-the-trainer projects we have completed for organizations.